For those of you who enjoyed the rocky roads at the North East Expo heres the receipe…..
125g soft butter
400g best-quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
3 x 15ml tablespoons golden syrup
100g mini marshmallows
1. Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a heavy-based saucepan. Scoop out about 150ml of this melted mixture and put to one side.
2. Put the Malteser’s into a freezer bag and then bash them with a rolling pin. You are aiming for both crumbs and pieces of Malteser.
3. Fold the crushed Matlteser’s into the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan, and then add the marshmallows.
4. Tip into a foil tray (24cm square); flatten as best you can with a spatula. Pour the reserved 150ml of melted chocolate mixture over the marshmallow mixture and smooth the top.
5. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
6. Cut in pieces (whatever size you desire)…………ENJOY!!!!